Laminate flooring has become an immensely popular flooring option because of its versatility, easy maintenance and reasonable price. Before installing a laminate floor, you should know answers to several questions that will help you learn more about laminate flooring and how the process works.
Here are answers to some of the frequently asked questions:
Q: How are laminate floors made?
A: Laminate floors closely resemble hardwood floors. Despite its resemblance to hardwood floor, there is no wood involved in the construction of laminate floors. It is made of several materials which are bonded together under very high pressure. It consists of a moisture resistant layer under a layer of high density fiberboard (HDF) and is topped with a high resolution photographic image of hardwood floor. Laminate floors have the attractiveness and the charm of real hardwood floors.
Q: Where do you install laminate flooring?
A: Laminate flooring is a very versatile product which can be installed in any part of your room. However, there are many places in your house where you should never install laminate flooring in wet places such as washrooms, bathrooms, saunas, verandas and enclosed porches. Moisture harms laminate flooring and might cause them to swell or warp.
Q: What do I need to know before installing laminate flooring?
A: You need to consider several things before you begin installing a laminate floor. Careful planning and preparation will make the installation process quick and easy. Here’s what you should know before installing a laminate floor:
- Make sure the subfloor is dry, flat and smooth.
- Use underlayment under the floor for soundproofing.
- Read manufacturer’s installation guide or instructions carefully.
- Check each flooring panel for any defects before installing it.
Q: How to clean laminate flooring?
A: Cleaning laminate floor is not very difficult, so follow these simple steps to ensure an effective cleaning.
- Use a damp or moist cloth for cleaning. Do not use excessive water. First clean the floor with a soft cloth.
- If anything is spilled on the floor, clean it immediately with a clean paper, sponge or paper towel.
- Wipe the entire liquid from your laminate floor.
- Never use soap based detergents, abrasive cleaners and clean and shine products for the laminate floor.
- Do not use products such as scouring pads which might scratch the laminate panels.
- Never polish or wax your laminate floors.
- Never steam clean or use some chemicals which might damage the surface of your laminate floors.
If you need more information about laminate flooring or still have any questions, you can call us at (949) 600-7779. We are always here to answer all your queries!